Thursday, October 7, 2010

Woody's Postcard #14 & #15...ahhhh...

(click on the (x) near the bottom right side of the slide show and the game banner will go away)


POST #14
TUESDAY (10/5): Today is the sad day – time to get off the boat. I’m glad to go home, but I really had lots of fun, good food, and adventure. Gramma and Grampa took me to the lounge for suite passengers to wait our turn to disembark. It stopped raining and there was a taxi right out front so getting to the train termeni was easy. We rode the express train to Roma. It was very comfortable and fast (150 mph!). We saw lots of countryside, even Florence (Firenza) and Bologna. It looks a lot like the Napa Valley, but green. The train traveled thru many very long tunnels, so I slept a little, too. We took a taxi to our hotel near the airport. We had a nice pizza and salad dinner and early bed. Tomorrow will be a very long travel day!
POST #15
WEDNESDAY (10/6): 6:00am – wake up; 11:20am flight leaves Rome; 6:05pm EDT leave Charlotte; 8:30 pm PDT arrive in SFO; 11:56pm arrive home! (total hours since waking up … 28 hours! Could have been even longer since Gramma got stopped at security in Roma when they thought she was smuggling Greek artifacts out of the country…turned out to just be Grampa and a small bronze Spartan helmet souvenir. That got an eye-roll from the customs agent :-) I napped and read the kindle with Grampa to pass the time. Turns out, it was Grampa’s idea (not Goy’s) to have me come along. It’s been very fun and I hope Goy didn’t miss me tooooo much! Stay tuned for my next adventure…wherever that may be.

1 comment:

Frankie, Michaela, Goy and Marion said...

I'm sure I'm the only one who didn't figure out Woody going was Grampa's idea :).

Love you, welcome back.